Hair today, gone tomorrow (aka don’t play with fire!)
Note to self:
- Do not play with lighters.
- Do not play with candles.
- Do not lean in close to aforementioned lighter when lighting aforementioned candle when it’s windy.
For your information:
- No injury resulted from this life lesson, except to my self-respect.
- Hair burns extremely fast.
- “Whooomphhh” is an accurate word to describe the sound of hair burning.
- A small section of long fringe produces an awful amount of ash and debris when burnt.
- I can run from the kitchen table to my bathroom mirror in under three seconds.
- I can easily make the kind of shriek that only dogs can hear.
- My neighbour’s dog heard me and barked incessantly for the next 10 minutes.
- One feels naked without a long fringe.
- One feels particularly naked without a long fringe when the remaining tufts are uneven and clearly unintentional.
- Hardly any hairdressers are open late on a Sunday afternoon.
- Hairdressers have no mercy and will laugh at your calamitous hair emergency.
- You won’t care because hairdressers can sometimes work miracles.
- I call it the Singe Cut.
- I’ve always wanted to be brave enough to cut my fringe.
- I would have preferred a less dramatic method.
- My new theme song: “Alicia Key’s “This girl is on fire”. Feel free to replace “this girl” with “my fringe”.
- I wasn’t going to tell anyone about the Great Fringe Singe of ’15.
- I decided it might make somebody’s day.
- You’re welcome. 🙂